- Make Government data more accessible, to facilitate the development of new applications and services
- Cost savings and better quality service delivery through sharing assets, services and information across agencies
- Reduce government costs and the costs of accessing government services by increasing the use of online channels
- Deliver frontline services to where they are most needed, at a lower cost.
Government-led initiatives to foster use of faster broadband
New applications and services for Government
- Through the ‘Open Door to Innovation’ initiative, with support from the ICT Ministers Group, ICT Chief Executives group, and the ICT Council.
Better access to government data
- Users will be able to directly download data and directories, enabling them to develop a wide range of online services and tools.
Increased use of the web channel
- The Rethink Online programme will reduce fragmentation and increase coordination of online services between agencies.
Centralised ICT services, business processes, and information
- Deliver frontline services where they are needed most, at lower cost through one.govt and Infrastructure as a Service.
Other ICT initiatives now possible with faster broadband will develop within individual agencies.
- For example, within NZTA, MSD and DOC.