The Ministry’s Energy Safety team works with industry to promote and enforce high standards of safety and quality in electricity and gas networks, installations and products.
The aim is to create an environment in which:
- you and your property are safe from gas and electricity dangers
- gas and electrical appliances, installations, and distribution networks are safe
- the quality and measurement of gas and electricity is maintained.
This work ensures that you enjoy the benefits of energy safely.
The Ministry administers and enforces the safety, supply quality, and measurement provisions of the:
- Electricity Act 1992 and its associated regulations
- Gas Act 1992 and its associated regulations.
It also enforces provisions of the Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Act 1996 for fuel gases.
For more information
Visit the Energy Safety website