To have an effective volunteering programme you need to plan ahead!
- Plan your Volunteer Program with the Managing Volunteers Checklist
- Regularly monitor your Volunteer Programme so that you are in a position to respond to the shifting workloads that arise leading up to and during the event.
- Select quality volunteers. Attitude is the key to great service and quantity is not better than quality. Select volunteers who have the right skills and enthusiasm.
- Do not underestimate your volunteer expenses when setting your event budget. Volunteers are not free labour and you need to plan for the appropriate expenses.
- Provide great volunteering opportunities and experiences to engage volunteers and encourage them to return to your event.