People volunteer for many reasons, it is important to acknowledge they are giving up their time for your organisation and for their community.
When you plan your recruitment strategy, remember volunteers have many different reasons for volunteering and by identifying this you are also recognising different ways to recruit new volunteers.
What motivates volunteers?
Key messages for volunteers include:
- The opportunity to make a contribution to their community.
- An insider’s view of being part of an event.
- Gaining useful job experience and satisfaction.
- Helping out.
- Meeting likeminded people.
- Identifying possibilities for personal skills development.
- Strengthening their CV and presenting a community committed approach for future employers.