The Small Business Development Group
The Small Business Development Group advises government on issues affecting SMEs and helps government agencies communicate more effectively with them.
The members are small business owners from around New Zealand and are appointed for three years.
The current members appointed in 2012 are:
- Jonathan Flett - Manufacturing, printing and packing, Christchurch
- Matthew (Kevin) Jones - Manufacturing, building, Christchurch
- Robert Khan - Radio, Auckland
- Rhonda Kite - Digital publishing, Auckland
- Ele (Elspeth) Ludemann - Sheep and cattle farming, Oamaru
- Sonia McConnachie - Advertising, Auckland
- Mitchell (Khoa) Pham - ICT, Auckland
- Neil Pluck - Engineering, Rakaia
- Tenby Powell - Equipment hire, Auckland
- Jeremy Ward - Transport and tourism, Wellington
- Adrienne Pierce - Business Services, Havelock North
- David Hiatt - Tourism, Christchurch.
Governance documents for the Small Business Development Group, a forum for small and medium businesses to share their perspectives with the government.
The former Small Business Advisory Group provided the Minister for Small Business with reports on the key issues for small businesses.
The following information outlines the purpose of the Small Business Development Group and includes information that was made available to individuals interested in applying to become members of the Group.